All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Dec 1st 2012 - Salisbury Plain OffRoad Night Safari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIAC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29    Post subject: Dec 1st 2012 - Salisbury Plain OffRoad Night Safari Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm organising this with the Pajero club also (owing to my previous car, a good crew of people who like mud and puddles!)

SATURDAY 1st DECEMBER 2012 at 1830hrs
A 2nd annual Safari... Had an idea to make a meet a bit different, not a beer and caravan meet but more specifically getting offroad and dirty in the dark!

A NIGHT SAFARI ACROSS SALISBURY PLAIN  Cool ... Planning to meet up for 1830hrs (ish), drive 'til 2300/MIDNIGHT (ish)

MEETING POINT

Type "pizza hut amesbury" (without the " ") into google maps and there's a truck car park right next to it, next to the Co-Operative garage, plenty of space for 20ish cars.

Aim to be there for 1830hrs 'cos were leaving at 1900hrs

Co-Operative Garage, off A303
Solstice Park Services,
Amesbury
Wiltshire

All the below is obvious if you're an experienced 4x4er, for those who aren't, please read...

TERRAIN

For anyone worried about damage the only way its likely to happen is if you drive like a loony yourself - if a loony you might break a strut or something when you bounce down hard,

You might get a scratch you might get a stonechip thats 4x4ing

It'll be a bimble in the dark, a slow convoy, with bumps and, if it rains, some mud if you dont like what you see, you drive round it there's no pressure

TYRES

AT's are likely minimum in the winter months...and a tow rope

ROUTE

Going East towards CCDA (where Clarkson raced the tank in his RR Sport!), around Haxton O, following B.O.A.T.S back around to Center of the Plain near German Village

You'll need LIGHTS, wellies, a flask of coffee and a coat!  

Let me know if you're interested  

I'll update names below...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good mate but a little confussed Confused
You keep mentioning Pajero's    mud and puddles all in the same sentence Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
I see the pags an troops go up the hill at stourport a couple of years back,
The troops can down muddy (ask Red Robbo Laughing) and the pag's returned as shiny as they went up  Rolling Eyes

David ltm47
SIAC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 'cos I wasn't there....  Laughing

There is always a mix of standards in any group or forum... shiny, muddy, mad, sane, splashy, paths only etc etc.

I mention trying to do something different too, I'm not a "sit around a bunch of caravans kind of guy", no problems with those who do, just not for me. I like puddles, mud, bashed bashplates and no vision out me windows  Razz
MikT725

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of night off roading puts a whole new angle on things, shame its a bit far for me specially this time of year
SIAC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going to be the only Trooper then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: