All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Check Transmission Light and Error 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamabaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 21:10    Post subject: Check Transmission Light and Error 24 Reply with quote

Afternoon, I recently got a 95 bighorn irmscher swb 3.1 diesel automatic here in The Bahamas. The alternator has since failed been rebuilt and failed again. What could the cause of the repeated alternator failure?
When it failed the AC stopped working, the dash lights came on and off, there was a buzzing sound from the turn signal relay(fuse?), which before only worked for left side and then neither side, but the hazards still work, under the steering column.

There is a check transmission light on as well. I jumped the obd1 and got error 24 vehicle speed sensor. It also does't go into 4th gear and is quite touchy/jumpy in the other gears as in I have to back of the throttle a touch to get it to change to third and when it does it is not a smooth transfer. there is no grinding or noise but more of jump. I was going to have the ATF changed but then the alternator mash up so that is delayed. Sidenote, what type of ATF do I use as we have a limited selection here on the island?

I could not find many replacement parts locally and also needing a rear window, bumper, window switch, etc. I just purchased a non running 3.1 engine 96 plaisir bighorn swb for quite cheap to teif parts from. I have found that the window switches are not compatible but all the body and engine parts are. Would the TCM be compatible if I need to switch it? or the VSS?

Thanks from your former colony across the Atlantic.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 21:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: