4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 14:26    Post subject: 3.0 engines Reply with quote

Hi, Great site, I've just returned home from taking my 53 plate 3.0 lwb auto for it's 32,000 mile service .When I was paying the bill the service manager who i've known for years , told me to consider getting rid of the vehicle while it still had some warranty remaining . We went round the back of the workshop to look at a pile of engines all 3.0 and boxes of injectors . Some of the engines had done as little as 12,000 miles , but the stupid thing is there was a 3.0 commercial in for a service the same day done 180,000 mostly with a trailer and was still going strong. I've started to look for something else but seem to hear that the nissan pick ups are having the same engine poroblems and the land rover td5 , friends 52 plate defender 28,000 miles diesel in the oil . So i'm stuck with a shogun or toyota , but the price of these compared with a my trooper are unbelieveable , and i felt they did'nt drive as good . I'm seriously pissed off as the trooper suits me brilliantly , but I cant take the risk of keeping it. Crying or Very sad SM
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 14:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drmuir
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 16:10    Post subject: 3.0 engine Reply with quote

Did the service manager tell you about the new campain to check and replace the injectors to the new most up to date type ? I.M. claim this will cure the problem of diesel in the sump .
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wales is a big place SM, especially North to South! Care to be a bit more specific?

Suggest you spend some time reading the many many posts on this subject. I also have a 4JX1, but am not over worried Very Happy Very Happy now that IM have at last accepted there is a design/quality fault with the injectors.

Regular oil level checks should avoid a tow home.

Keep cheerful, Smile

Dafydd W.W.
jjcymru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it davies llanybydder you take it to?

Why not just get the injector seals done?

The isuzu/caterpillar is a good engine with some weak points that need done, other than that i can see it lasting as long as any other!
SM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Does everybody think that Isuzu will repair the engine when the 3 yr warranty has expired ? I live in mid Wales , and it's easier to invade shropshire for a service Shocked SM
jjcymru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recommend davies llanybydder tho, just 5mins from lampeter, easily accessible from the A40 from mid wales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: