All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

veggie oil

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren325

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 17:53    Post subject: veggie oil Reply with quote

Hiya 2 u all
Does any body know how well troopers/bighorns cope with running on veggie oil please.
I commute to work and have to put 15 quid of diesel in a day, but im told veggie oil will half that cost.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers
Darren
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 17:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

darren325,

Welcome aboard!

Sorry, cant remember the headings, but if you do a search of the Forum you will find lengthy and detailed discussions, which I read avidly, on the subject and the pitfalls of incorcorating veggie oil with your DERV. This was not long ago, about two months or thereabouts.

All in all, with all the palarver and present tax situation it seemed to me to be not worth the hassle for the relativly small saving.

Good luck with your search.

Dafydd W.W.
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafydd Wynn Williams wrote:
darren325,

Welcome aboard!

Sorry, cant remember the headings, but if you do a search of the Forum you will find lengthy and detailed discussions, which I read avidly, on the subject and the pitfalls of incorcorating veggie oil with your DERV. This was not long ago, about two months or thereabouts.

All in all, with all the palarver and present tax situation it seemed to me to be not worth the hassle for the relativly small saving.

Good luck with your search.

Dafydd W.W.
Dafydd has got it right mate forget about it the excise men give you a whopping fine.And know they know who you are Shocked
Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 21:49    Post subject: Try this Reply with quote

1. go to tesco
2.buy 100ltr of veg oil @ 4.7p per litre
3. pay at check out and use your CLUBCARD
4.await a visit and explain why you needed that amount of oil...........

this happened to farmer close by in December, he did need the oil for compounding animal feed and the local suopolier had none quite legit to the diisapointment of our HMRC relative

They realy do know who & where you are and what you like for breakfast no doubt

Lynn
ben

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 22:04    Post subject: vegoil Reply with quote

Hi all
www.dieselveg.com
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 22:32    Post subject: Re: vegoil Reply with quote

ben wrote:
Hi all
www.dieselveg.com
Hi ben welcome to the club, Whats this stupid post ment to be,are you telling the chaps that dont know this is legal..........Listen to Frankie running non tax paid fuel is illegal even off road in a motor that has been registerd.There are chaps out there that look at this ITOC because they dont know and are looking for good sound advise.Dont you give the chaps bad advice. PLEASE think when you post.Frankie
Paul V

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank.. You are being a bit harsh on Ben...you seem to forget that this is a forum of the "world wide web"..Ben has quite simply attached information that is freely available on the web..what you or any other user decideds what to do with that information is quite simply their own prerogative..

Kind regards
PV
jjcymru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant see why its not allowed if the vehicle is off road?

At the end of the day, an old mk1 troop with a death of tinworm would be a good workhorse for a farmer to do the rounds in, as its being used as an agricultural vehicle, devoid of tax and mot making it unable to be on the road. Therefore surely theres provisions for this?
darren325

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx all for the info
I have just looked in to this deeper and found a site that explains on how to use veggie oil but you have to register with customs and pay 27.1p/l duty, i think, and send your receipts off every month.
this is the site and it looks complicated and not worth the hassle

http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm
cheers all
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

darren325 wrote:
thanx all for the info
I have just looked in to this deeper and found a site that explains on how to use veggie oil but you have to register with customs and pay 27.1p/l duty, i think, and send your receipts off every month.
this is the site and it looks complicated and not worth the hassle

http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/vegoil.htm
cheers all
yes you are right mate
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul V wrote:
Frank.. You are being a bit harsh on Ben...you seem to forget that this is a forum of the "world wide web"..Ben has quite simply attached information that is freely available on the web..what you or any other user decideds what to do with that information is quite simply their own prerogative..

Kind regards
PV
Paul my good friend (i hope)allthough you are much more articulate with your words and are better brained up than me,this 1 i do know about .up here they(customs men)seize your motor give you massive fines for these offences.It seems like a bit of a prank to some of the chaps BUT it is very very naughty up here.And the end result is very bad .I am telling chaps (such as you allthough it does not apply to you)dont go down this road.frankie.never mind its up to the chaps to decide.some chaps just dont know.AND I WILL TAKE THIS CHANCE AND EVERY OTHER TO PUT THEM RIGHT>its not worth it lads and lasses
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjcymru wrote:
i cant see why its not allowed if the vehicle is off road?

At the end of the day, an old mk1 troop with a death of tinworm would be a good workhorse for a farmer to do the rounds in, as its being used as an agricultural vehicle, devoid of tax and mot making it unable to be on the road. Therefore surely theres provisions for this?
no its needs to be deregisterd mate not just untaxed
Paul V

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank..I can assure you that we have some pretty draconian laws ..especially when you start ripping off Inland Revenue..but at the end of the day there are always those who wish to ride on the wild side..

The truth of the matter is we should all be considering our fuel options as recycled chippie oil is a darn sight better for the environment than the stuff that we currently use.

Cheers PV
frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul my friend in a ideal world we can hoist the mainsail,but sadley....
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjcymru,

I have no great knowledge on the tax situation, but I do know that even red diesel is taxed, - less than DERV - but still taxed. So is heatingfuel. |n which case it seems that all fuels carry one level of tax or another.

On the other tack, I agree with Paul V on the Bio-fuel benifit, but the UK Govmt despite their fancy words on energy saving, greenhouse effect, etc etc continue to wring the last penny of tax out of every form of bio-fuel alternative.

At present there is absolutely no encouragement to diesel users to try and be green Whereas a few years ago when there were fewer diesel cars on the road, the tax on DERV was lower, now there are many more diesel cars Brown sees he is missing out so lifts the DERV tax above unleaded petrol. How green is that???

Dafydd W.W.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: