4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

GLASS Peak District call to arms

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 22:45    Post subject: GLASS Peak District call to arms Reply with quote

It's sad that it has come to this, but it's reached the point that if nothing is done we're going to lose the use of all the green lanes in the Peak District, as the PDNPA want to close them all down one by one. They've already placed a permanent TRO on Roych Clough, meaning it will be closed permanently to all motorised vehicles, although it hasn't legally come into force yet.

Taken from the Green Lane Association (GLASS) Facebook page, 25/7/13........

TIME TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION:

Another 'Back to Tarmac' day together with the best lanes the Peak Park has to offer.

Come and be noticed.

The Peak Park website at http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/news/current-news/uk-national-parks-are-actively-yours2

gives details of a national promotion called Actively Yours:

That mountain: it's yours to climb. That coastal path: it's yours to wander.

That sweeping moorland, that pristine river, that tranquil forest -- they belong to you and to all of us. They are ours to explore.

'Actively yours… to enjoy' is the message of National Parks Week 2013, which takes place from Monday July 29 to Sunday August 4.

Chairman, Tony Favell added: "The weeklong celebration ends with a fun packed activity day at Castleton visitor centre on Sunday August 4. People can join in and find out what's great about the Peak District National Park."

Now that the Peak Park have shown that they DON'T welcome us (TRO soon on The Roych) and that they think the lanes are NOT ours to drive, we thought it would be nice to turn up in force and join in the fun on Sunday 4 Aug.

There will be a GLASS/TRF presence in the visitor centre car park in Castleton all day from 09.30, so come along and say hello. There are plenty of great lanes to drive/ride in the immediate area - Chapel Gate & Roych (quick before they are TRO'd), Brough Lane, Bamford Lane, to name a few.

It would helpful if there were lots of 4x4s and trail bikes moving slowly up and down Winnats Pass, filling up the car park at Castleton and driving slowly (because it will be busy) through Castleton, Hope and Bamford to let everyone know that the Peak Park is ours also and that the Greenlanes are for everyone.

Suggested route for local lanes - leave Castleton Visitor Centre car park - head up Winnats Pass - Mam Tor road to Edale - up Chapel Gate - west to Rushup Edge - down The Roych - through Wash to Sparrowpit - back to top of Winnats Pass - left onto Dirtlow Rake - down Pindale - to Brough and up Brough Lane - Abney and on to Bamford via Offerton Hall - up Bamford Clough - past Stanage Edge (on tarmac) to Lady Canning's Plantation - along Houndkirk Moor and back though Hathersage to Castleton.

Help and advice for those unfamiliar with the area from GLASS and TRF in Castleton Visitor Centre Carpark

See you there on the 4th.

Peak & Derbyshire Vehicle User Group (PDVUG)

PS, GLASS recommends four vehicles or less on green lanes. We waive this advice on this occasion due to the fact our advice and suggestions have fallen on deaf ears within the PPNPA. We bend over backwards to be accommodating and they have not listened (eg. More than 1,200 people have responded to the latest consultation in support of an order on the Roych - over 1,000 opposed it).

I intend to be there. The more 4x4's we can get there the better. Something needs to be done.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 22:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

omega63

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and get over to Castleton on the Sunday Very Happy , might even try some of the lanes the easy ones that is Rolling Eyes , don,t want to break me truck before the B/B 2013 Very Happy ....
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!  mood
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ia anyone else going, or is it just us 2?  Shocked
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on when i'll make one Wink  

EDIT

Embarassed  Embarassed

Sunday 4th.

I can do Sunday but will have to be leaving at about 2.30-3pm ???

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Glass blurb says they will be at Castleton visitor centre carpark from 9.30am, I would like to get there early doors as well, got a boring family reunion at 4.30 back in Oldham.....can't wait  Rolling Eyes

I'm sure Craig omega63 is coming, just waiting for a text back off him: might have a mini convoy of our own, plus its probably the last chance to drive the very lanes we are concerned about!

PS: I've joined Glass as well, a few more quid will help them do the work we all need!  Wink
Twister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update.......

GREEN LANE ASSOCIATION

TIME TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION:

Another 'Back to Tarmac' day together with the best lanes the Peak Park has to offer.

Come and be noticed this Sunday (4th August).

After banning us from driving the Roych, the Peak park has issued this press release to the media:

“We respect the right of vehicle users to express their views and also to experience the many activities taking place during national parks week. However, I find it difficult to see a family fun day as an appropriate activity for the TRF and PDVUG to attend to vent their ‘disappointment and anger’ at the Peak District National Park Authority for its decision to ban vehicles from the Roych.

“This action can only be disruptive and distressing to children and their families, I would urge the members of the TRF and PDVUG to reconsider and resist the invitation from their leaders to cause congestion in and around Castleton spoiling what should be a tranquil and fantastic family fun day in the national park.”

As far as we're are aware, most of our members have families and children. We also take them with us on our explorations of unsurfaced roads. We also drive at an unobtrusive pace and pull over for other users.

Therefore we urge all people attending this protest to bring along their partners and children and make it a family event.

We have a right to share the National Park and drive sensibly in the countryside on unsurfaced roads.

Thank you.

-  PF

LTM # 000002
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still going Twisty?

Twister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, although I'm beginning to wonder whether it is going to do the cause more harm than good tbh.

Having said that, they are my local lanes, and something has to be done.

-  PF

LTM # 000002
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people that want the lanes closing already know about 4x4's and trail bikes, but many people may not realise that many many people wish to drive the lanes, so seeing us driving responsibly and with respect for other road users and walkers, will only do us good!
I do see why you think it may do more harm than good, but I think more people who didn't really think about us, will form a positive opinion of us...if you get my drift!  Wink
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to tomorrow, I want to show the powers that be that I'm not prepared to just sit back and let all the green lanes get closed:
I'm really suprised that all the people on here aren't responding, I mean, why do you drive 4WD vehicles if you aren't even slightly interested in offroad driving?
I might as well sell my trooper now before the value drops!  Evil or Very Mad
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you in the morning boys Wink

adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could come down with you's but its a long way and a lot of ££ in diesel for me from Durham.

I hope it does make a difference I really do.

Hopefully people that matter and can make decisions will take a good look at things again and common sense will prevail so everyone can enjoy the peaks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning troops!  Very Happy
Looking forward to today, not been greenlaning for ages, and its the last chance to drive some lanes..... Crying or Very sad
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I put on fb the truck is off the road at the mo otherwise it'd be there.
Hope a good has been had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: