All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Aussie locker

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45    Post subject: Re: Ratios? Reply with quote

fb133 wrote:
I assume there is no ratio specific to the locker and it could be put into a petrol or a diesel diff?

No ... it's one locker fits all .

Turns out all the diff carriers are the same throughout the range ..
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fb133

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 15:37    Post subject: Re: Ratios? Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
fb133 wrote:
I assume there is no ratio specific to the locker and it could be put into a petrol or a diesel diff?

No ... it's one locker fits all .

Turns out all the diff carriers are the same throughout the range ..

Excellent - I'm still in then Smile
Paulbrads

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes please .... price dependant  Wink
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter, you may already know this info but thought I'd post to give you my findings.
I'm currently (have been for a while) looking at 12 bolt REAR locker. I assumed that Lokka.com was the Australian company but it appears not the case.
I threw myself a curved ball because Lokka.com were doing free shipping to USA and Mexico but would ship to the UK at an additional premium. Because I believed they were Australian and I've got the option to use an Australian postage address I put the question to Lokka as to what would the local postage cost to mainland Australia. The answer came back that Lokka have no export rights to Australia and quite openly gave me the link to the Australian company - 4WDsystems. Currently I'm waiting for the reply from Australia. If you want the link I'd be happy to post it up.
Lokka.com tell me they have stocks for the 12 bolt rear that would fit the MkII.
Notice some of the guys were asking about import duty. My understanding is that it's the current local VAT rate (20%) plus Royal Mail handling fee. Not sure if the Royal Mail part as a cost related sliding scale, but the last time I imported that element cost me £13 for an item that originally had a selling price of £200. The Royal Mail fee is chargeable because they pay the import duty - VAT element - on your behalf to customs, but don't release the goods to you until you've paid them the VAT element and their fee. You might be very lucky and it doesn't get picked up by custom but that is very unlikely. Also customs are not stupid, the seller will have to declare the value when they export and to cover themselves, probably would not put a significant lower figure in the documentation.
For me, it's back to hunting down the illusive 'open' diff 3rd member. Kick myself because I had the chance and let it slip Rolling Eyes
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest on Lokka - they are definately in Australia - the two web sites must be an internet marketing thing - weird because they market free P&P to America with a 48 hour dispatch (2-7 day deliver if I remember correctly).
My story is via the Lokka.com for the 12 bolt rear the cost is: US$399 delivered to the states, US$485 delivered to UK with the customs man waiting for you when it arrives. From the 4WDsystem (Oz) the cost is $525 or near as damn it (I'll check back to see if it was US or AUS $) but won't post to UK - they redirect you back to Lokka.com.
You'll find the Lokka.com site is designed for receiving orders with not alot of direct link communications. That said, once you get old of the direct link e-mail they are very helpful and good with the communications.
At the mo they have got stocks of the 12 bolt rear but not the 10 bolt front. Of course that can change.
My order went Pete Tonk big style because the were supposed to deliver to the states for a mate to bring them home in is suit case. Great until my mate e-mailed me to say the lockers hadn't arrived at his peeps place in the states. All this two days before he was flying back. To be fair, Lokka have apologised for the hold up, they say, due to sickness to a key dispatch person, but I'll hold judgement until they put the offer on the table as to how they are going to get the locker delivered to the UK.
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

At all costs AVOID 4wd systems ... very bad feedback .
Once they have your money , they won't talk to you at all . They even shut down their Facebook page .

After talks with Aussie locker , It does not look like they will be making a locker for troopers .
Saying because of costs in buying tooling to manufacturer they would not see profits till about 200 units
At this time they do not see a big enough demand for them .

After talking with Lokka , They claim to be able to supply them for the trooper . But don't have in stock at this time .

If anyone wants to try getting one from Lokka the part number is :  ISU-FO-155

Please note I have only been looking into a FRONT locker .

We are now looking into other options ..... Watch this space ....
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't list the 3.1 under that part code   Confused  but claim that part code is in stock for 446 usd delivered, so are the (4ZE1), 2.8TD (4JB1-T), V6 diffs the same

David ltm47
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diff carriers are the same ..

What did you put in for make & model ??
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dave just reread that  Embarassed

Yeah on the site it says "in stock" .
But after talking to them they said "no stock at this time"

If your thinking of trying them , Contact them first . Just to check
It can take a while for them to get back to you . But once you get them talking they are ok ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, when contacting Lokka have you been using this site.
http://lokka.com/site/
These are the people that I ordered my rear locker through. For favourable financial reasons, a mate was going to bring it back from the states in his suitcase. Order went in on the 3rd October and I got an e-mail from him 14th October saying the lockers hadn't arrived at his relatives California address. Did catch me out because wrongly, my mate had got a message from his folks saying that a parcel had arrived for him on the 7th. Turns out the parcel was nothing to do with my locker.
I sent a panic e-mail to Lokka on the 14th and got a reply on the 15th full of apologies and an explanation that a key person in the dispatch department had gone on a longer term sick leave than what they had expected. Told them that they needed to get the locker to California by the 17th a.m. very latest and the immediate reply was that they couldn't because they were 16 hours in front of the UK and that it was already the 16th. That's when I fell in that they are based in Australia and was is worrying that one of the e-mails had a 4WDsystem address. All the others had Lokka.com e-mail addresses.
At the moment the dialogue seems to be constructive with an offer to juggle things to sort out a favourable deal to post direct to the UK. Waiting for actual figures to be presented. I still have the option to use the California address and my mates folks are willing to post to me via US Priority Mail which potentially could show a saving.
Originally, I got the vibes to order through Lokka from the good reports on Planetisuzoo. Seems that, potentially, I may need to register a paypal dispute procedure to safeguard my payment.
Is Torq Master the single manufacturer and all these other website companies just selling agents?
Hunter
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been in direct email contact with Lokka.com , with someone that signs themselves as RJ

Your last question is a very good one ....
I have not been able to get a straight answer on that from anyone ....
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been in direct email contact with Lokka.com , with someone that signs themselves as RJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning to think what is this intertwinned internet world we all live in all about.
Found the box and fitting instructions for the 10 bolt front lockers that I bought from Independent4x

It says on the box
'Manufactured in Australia - Birthplace of Extreme 4 Wheeling' -www.aussielocker.com
It also says:
'Distributed exclusively by TORQ Masters' with an address of 3177 Latta Road (hash) 401, Rochester, NY 14612

Go onto the aussielocker.com web site and it distinctly says - Made in USA.

OK to be fair my box is from a purchase made 18 months ago and the web site might be one of these lead in ones and things might have changed.

Incidently, the reference labelled for the front locker is: Aussie Locker XD-90416 Made in Australia - Patent Pending

Confused or what Confused
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:

Been communicating with Lokka.com and what I can read between the lines, RJ is the boss man. I've been dealing with a fella that identifies himself as Mark. With the delay with mine, Mark as got to get approval from RJ to give me a $30 rebate to help with the shipping that I have got to pay to get my locker from California to the UK.
Hopefully, I'm on the last hurdle of my delayed delivery saga of getting them from Australia to California - if all goes well they will be going through the letterbox in California today. Need to wait until the morning to check on the TNT tracker to know for sure. It did show they were posted out on the 24th, arrived and cleared USA customs on 25th, and were out for final delivery for the 28th.
Incidently, Lokka are based in Adelaide, Australia - well that's where the TNT tracker showed where my parcel was collected from.
I did put the question to Mark about availability of 10 bolt front lockers and they do have stock.
If you want the direct e-mail link Hunter, let me know and I'll p.m. it to you. I'll also copy and paste what Mark said to me regarding the 10 bolt front.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking at the Lokka site, I keep getting the front part number ISU-FO-206 and not the one Hunter says
Not contacted anyone yet, but it states $385 with free UK shipping!  Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: