All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear heater/fan not working 96 LWB Trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiegel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25    Post subject: Rear heater/fan not working 96 LWB Trooper Reply with quote

Hi guys! Apologies for my first post being a request for help but this is doing my head in!

I recently bought a 96 LWB trooper and I cant get the rear fan working.  Living in Malaysia this is an absolute nightmare as I need to try and keep the in car temps down for my 2 dogs in the back.

Has anybody experienced this before?  

Thanks in advance,

Steven.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what you mean by rear fan? Just the blowers on the bottom rear of center console? Or are the blowers not working at all?

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Spiegel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dylan, thanks for the reply.  Sorry I should have been clearer, the rear blowers on the bottom rear of the centre console are not blowing at all.  The fronts work fine however.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will probably be a linkage come off behind the dash?

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Browndoff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on - if you've got DOGS in the back, is it a commercial [like mine] - with no SEATS behind the driver?? That might offer an easy explanation. The fan blows air into a plastic duct which runs down into the console between the front seats. On MINE - this plastic duct ENDS just next to the gear-lever - 'cos a non-passenger vehicle doesn't 'need' a fan in the cargo area - so there's no need for an extension rearwards of this duct!

Even if your car was built with passenger-seats, this break-point in the ducting might mean that someone, at some time in the past, had removed the duct-connector and NOT re-fitted it - or, as in mine, it was never fitted - either way - no cooling-air for the panting dogs!

The obvious solution, if this IS the case, is to go to a junk-yard and get the missing duct-extension from a junker. Or - if you're 'handy' - make up a bit of light tubing to carry the cold air back to where the dogs can benefit from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: