QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SWB cheep/free mods? removing stuff for a better look =)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 22:50    Post subject: SWB cheep/free mods? removing stuff for a better look =) Reply with quote

hey everyone got a swb trooper...looking to to abit of green laning etc....just wanna know of sum good cheep/free mods for a beter look etc....removing stuff?? any suggestions??? or pictures....the obvs is wheels and tyres and a snorkel kit for starters =)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 22:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

d12
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

2" lift is cheap enough  Idea
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, 2" spacers for the rear, someone on fleabuy selling various heights at the moment, the just wind up the torsion bars to lift the front, dead easy 'stage 1' lift  Very Happy
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luving the 300c mate  Wink when I brought my first trooper 5years ago I got myself a set of All terrian tyres 265/75 16 gives a bit of a lift over the 245s you probably have on at the moment and they are still narrow enough to fit the standard 6j rims you have I then got some 2 inch spring spacers to sit on top of the springs £50-£60 quid mark and wind up the torsion bars to lift the front end to suit. I got rid of my side steps as they tend to get bent and hooked up on rocks as they lower your ground clearance and are not very strong, I used this setup for best part of 4 years laning and off-roading with the itoc club. my ole 3.0ltr is a well known club motor, the misses now has this truck as her daily and I have another 1 with some bigger mods

David ltm47
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAVID's J99P wrote:
Luving the 300c mate  Wink when I brought my first trooper 5years ago I got myself a set of All terrian tyres 265/75 16 gives a bit of a lift over the 245s you probably have on at the moment and they are still narrow enough to fit the standard 6j rims you have I then got some 2 inch spring spacers to sit on top of the springs £50-£60 quid mark and wind up the torsion bars to lift the front end to suit. I got rid of my side steps as they tend to get bent and hooked up on rocks as they lower your ground clearance and are not very strong, I used this setup for best part of 4 years laning and off-roading with the itoc club. my ole 3.0ltr is a well known club motor, the misses now has this truck as her daily and I have another 1 with some bigger mods

cheers fella thats my daily runner =).....yeah 245 at min on it.......how hard is it to put the spaacers in? and how do you wind up torsion bars? had a look at side steps cant see the bolts tho?lol can i just cut them off haha...yeah am very new to this off roading i just wanna get the best i can out of what i have as you see i can do some good mods on cars but trucks is another game lol
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed some spring clamps but you can buy them from evilbay for £12 delivered. clamp spring compressing it as small as pos, Jack rear of car up so shocks fully extended if your lucky the spacer should just about slide in on top of spring, you may have to undo one end of the shock and remove bolt to give a bit extra room. repeat for other side, rear done.    under front seats (under truck ) are 2 27mm nuts at the end of the torsion bars (drown in wd40 for a couple of days and eat many weetabix on the chosen morning) 6 or 7 full turns = 2 inch I measured ground to bottom of middle of front wheel arch wound up measured to around 2 inch each side drove round the block to allow for suspension to settle remeasured and adjusted, front done. side steps normally are bolted on sort of D clamp over chassis rail

When I first got the truck

still bog standard but without side steps on very first laning day in darbyshire

dont buy rubber type spacers but this is where they sit (now got metal ones on now)

how the truck looked on 2inch spacers and 265 75 at2 genneral grabbers doing stangage ridge derbyshire

mild off-road course and pretty much how truck looks today but I have those rims on my 3.1 shod with 285 77 16

David ltm47
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of the side steps ....they won't last 2 mins  Wink
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of the side steps ....they won't last 2 mins  Wink
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let me tell you what ive been up to....got a new bonnet from a tdi with scoop...as am using it for off road ive gone with a cheep paint job on her,,,here it is! probly not for everyones taste but ive gone "some sort of camo" using spray paints and local bush n trees...i think it looks the part =) also on with trying to make a snorkel...just need to know where to cut the wing

chikoroll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a bit of fun Very Happy

What's the symbol on the grill?
98 Holden Jackaroo LWB, 3.0T/D (Australia)
94 Holden Jackaroo LWB, 3.1T/D (Australia)
griffter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good what sort of underbody protection u got?
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

chikoroll wrote:
looks like a bit of fun Very Happy

What's the symbol on the grill?

the symbol is a famous stars and straps belt buckle....last names fenn i just use the "f" as my logo...on both my cars..may be odd but i like to be different =)
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

griffter wrote:
looks good what sort of underbody protection u got?

standard mate...
eviltrooper666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my hands on some 265/75/16 tyres.....chunky next to old ones.....no lift on the truck but think it looks good....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: