Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How to improve your fan/heater - thermostat/pollen filters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diggerdave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 13:25    Post subject: How to improve your fan/heater - thermostat/pollen filters Reply with quote

I decided to investigate my slightly feeble heating/cooling fan performance.  It was by no means awful but in the winter it was slow to warm up the cabin and in winter and summer the maximum setting was a bit weedy.

1) Replace thermostat!  Not a difficult job (plenty of excellent advice elsewhere - just open the housing and be prepared for a little bit of coolant to come out and splash on your driveway, not enough to merit a bowl unless you're fussy and easily topped up with some neat antifreeze).  Mine had a weak spring which meant that it was in effect too easily opened.  You couldn't see anything amiss by looking at it, but by comparing old and new by pressing on them you could tell.  This a) immediately improved heating and it now gets the cabin really hot in winter, and b)  made the engine run  quieter as it was previously never getting up to temperature - temp gauge now sits noticeably higher than before, a bit below half way.

Heating was fixed, but the fan was still weak.  I wrote it off for a long time as 'one of those things' until I fitted a new pollen filter to my partner's Focus when servicing it and I had a brainwave...

2) Change your pollen filter!  Who knew the Trooper had one?!  Other posts on here suggest not all have them but mine did (glovebox off with two screws below the hinges, two pollen filters live behind a 1" wide plastic housing, the front of which lifts and pulls out).  I haven't actually replaced them, just removed two filthy black cardboard lumps that might once have been filters.  Heater/fan now blows like a gale force wind, hot and cold.  

Thanks to everyone on the forum who's been there before and written up their advice!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 13:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: