Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TJM pro locker front axle installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 17:58    Post subject: TJM pro locker front axle installation Reply with quote

Bought this TJM as  I never had a lot of luck with the front ARB locker O ring seals lasting very long on the landy diffs ,pita to keep pulling  the diff to change them .

Some ARB air locker users  dont ever have leaks  and some do ,my back one was ok it was always the front  Confused

TJM design uses a sliding ring and a tiny air piston with a fork to lock the diff ,no air pressure down  in the oil its up the top of the assembly . Have to see how it goes .

Yes I know its not an Isuzu diff but the Nissans  very similar except for the crownwheel bearing preload method and TJM  do an Isuzu one  Smile

You turn the side adjuster nuts in until it takes 24 lbs / ins of rolling torque to turn the pinion, thats after you have done the pinion preload which i didnt disturb ..

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 17:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the Nissan axles doing?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now then ! very well Gary  seems to be a popular conversion for the ole chocolate landy ones lol  

Ran the Michelin's 9.00x16  tyres which stand 36" tall nothing broke ,, new tyres will be the 11.00 x 16  at 37"  and a bit sooo see how they go

Gonna try this locker Sunday at Mannington  its the old Maxidrive Jack McNarmara design which did well in Oz from what I can see.
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gonna bring it up north next month for the BB?
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo  way you and Wilky might show me up lol 😳

Yes just need to do the zorst  it's bit loud on runs.
Gribble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker works well no problem's well pleased with it .👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: