2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu trooper bighorn 3.1 td drive belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modelwise

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 20:29    Post subject: Isuzu trooper bighorn 3.1 td drive belts Reply with quote

Hello is there a photo of the way the belts go on as want to make sure I don't mess up
Isuzu bighorn 3.1 td automatic ac 1995
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dartmoor Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 21:41    Post subject: Bighorn belts with A/C Reply with quote

I know this is an old post but I'm not sure what the problem is?

I have a 94' Bighorn 3.1td with A/C , the big thick belt is the alt and water pump. The 2 smaller belts are A/C and P/S.

Looking at the engine the p/s adjuster is top right, don't forget the bolt on the back of the pump or the adjuster won't loosen the belts.

Slip the belts off by looping them behind a fan blade and rotate the fan by hand tucking the belt behind as you go. When a full circuit has done the belts will be released from behind the fan and can be parked away for return or binned.

The alt adjuster is a bit more difficult to get at but is easier if the battery is removed and you can get on the adjuster bolt with a socket etc.  Give the adj a good soaking and loosen the bolt through the adj moving block (12mm).  You may need to get underneath to loosen the long bolt on the lower alt mount.

There is no need to remove the aircon pump. I had too once for a different task and Yes, I left out the lower rear bolt with no adverse effect on life.

Remove alt belt through the fan in the same way and reverse the procedure to install new belt(s)

Should take under an hour.  Make sure you have the correct length alt belt because the adjustment is limited 1050mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: