4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Axle Travel or Lockers ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 0:20    Post subject: Axle Travel or Lockers ? Reply with quote

So this is what you get from listening to a man who knows about off road  stuff . Gary820  Cool  

We both backed out of there but -

Rob the mog driver was not happy  Razz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 0:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this relative to portal axles on the Mog Mr G?
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm not quite sure what you mean pedro ?
I was trying to show that years ago gary820 talked me through long travel suspension set ups and its still paying off as the mog lifted its rear wheel and Phil had to weigh it down so Rob could back out even though the mogs a long wheelbase one
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Mr G I don't know the wheredy wherefores, but heard the phrase 'Portal axles' and believe they are the standard set up on Mogs. My thought was do these portals have resultant restricted articulation, hence your wheels sitting on the deck and the Mogs rear one up in the air like a dog having a pee.
Initially I was going to post that Rob the Mog was probably p1ssed off because he got wet feet (downer for having a left hand hooker) and your feet stayed nice and dry. Wink
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah with you now , well thats a standard mog so maybe its not got lots of travel but its wide and long so maybe its on load carrying springs .
Just before that picture was taken it was about 3 foot higher ! There is a vid I will post it later .
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the venue a local pay and play down your way with plenty of water to keep the ditches filled?
I've got a small party laning day organised this coming Thursday (New Years Eve) if you fancy it Simon. Going to attempt finding the East Kent lanes using viewranger and google map so it will be a bit trial and error. I've done some of them a couple of times before but that was me following leaders with local knowledge. A few North Downs hills involved if I find them OK. Early start though, 9a.m. at M20 J8 services on the eastbound side.
Gribble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was broxhead common right by harold and alberts .

Ooo thats very tempting Pedro must see if I can fix the truck in time ,just cosmetics  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: