4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

isuzu trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
546kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:58    Post subject: isuzu trooper Reply with quote

what is the button with a picture of an engine with a coil used for please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 15:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes the engine fall out the bottom of the truck, while simultaneously turning your gearbox to custard.

It is the QWS (Quick Warm-up System) button. Closes a flap in the inlet and another in the exhaust. At the same time a little actuator ups the revs on the fuel pump. Net effect (when it works) is to make the engine labour more when it is very cold and warm up quicker. You should only use it for a short while at first to get some initial heat in there. UK climate doesn't really warrant it as another system (QOS - Quick On Start) is more than sufficient and automatic.

In reality what is does is close all the flaps up and increase the revs (as it should), but when you switch it off again quite oftem the one in the exhaust seizes (because it has had 20 years of salty rain water, mud, snow, oil, etc to rust the thing up and render it useless and permanently block your exhaust and kill all power.

We call it the "Do Not Touch" button for that very reason. A lot of people disconnect it so prevent accident's from happening.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
Makes the engine fall out the bottom of the truck, while simultaneously turning your gearbox to custard.

It is the QWS (Quick Warm-up System) button. Closes a flap in the inlet and another in the exhaust. At the same time a little actuator ups the revs on the fuel pump. Net effect (when it works) is to make the engine labour more when it is very cold and warm up quicker. You should only use it for a short while at first to get some initial heat in there. UK climate doesn't really warrant it as another system (QOS - Quick On Start) is more than sufficient and automatic.

In reality what is does is close all the flaps up and increase the revs (as it should), but when you switch it off again quite oftem the one in the exhaust seizes (because it has had 20 years of salty rain water, mud, snow, oil, etc to rust the thing up and render it useless and permanently block your exhaust and kill all power.

We call it the "Do Not Touch" button for that very reason. A lot of people disconnect it so prevent accident's from happening.

^^^^
          C'est vrai pour la 3.1 mais si vous avez un 3.0, il fait un autre bouilloire de fromage  Wink
Which truck does the OP have. The QWS on the 3.0 is quite reliable being vacuum operated with spring return, but as said not really needed in the Uk.
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of it all! I cut it all off, when I rebuilt the engine, even cut the flap out of the front pipe.
Remove as much of the vac hoses as you can and blank off the open ends, then save the 2 vac actuators for spare, for the SOTF ones on the front axle, they are the same, just one of the outlets points at a different angle.  Wink  Wink
Anton orn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a diagram of that so i can check this out on my Trooper 2002 3.0.
it has had a hard time shifting and if i go up not that steep hill on pavement it only reaches about 80km and the rev are at 3000 ?
i have been trying to figure this out for a quite awhile now without coming close to a solution.
i was thinking it could have something to do with the Vac line could be damaged.

but if anyone has any idea then please do tell.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

what have you done to it so far just so we don't repeat stuff you have already tried
Anton orn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
what have you done to it so far just so we don't repeat stuff you have already tried

i have not done anything, just freshen up on things not involving this Smile change tie rods, ball joints, brake disks , pads everything, but this is issue is my main concern , because i do not like to floor it every time i go up a light/small hill on pavement , i can record it when i next go on this hill and put it on Youtube and hopefully somehow send you the link i am not allowed to put links in my post hopefully at the moment.
but if i could transfer my beloved Trooper Smile to you to check i would, but i am based on an Island in the middle of the Atlantic Smile , but if you have any recommendation i will be glad to check and let you know.
most of the mechanics i have spoken to here in Iceland , say its old ?? , you can keep a car from the 1940 up and running but not a Trooper 2002 ??? dose not make any sense Smile

Thank you so much Eithan H for your replay.

i will try to send you an video of the struggling part, i am in the process of getting all rust off him changing front fenders and just getting all rust in control, and get it good as it should be treated Smile
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

message me the link when its up and i'll look at the data
Anton orn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
message me the link when its up and i'll look at the data

I will do Sir
Thank you so much for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: