All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

mk trooper rear disc brakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 17:33    Post subject: mk trooper rear disc brakes. Reply with quote

hi all,
today i had to change the disks on the rear of my trooper, to get the new disks and new pads on i had to remove the caliper, beat it! wire brush it! WD40 it,, trying to get the pistons back far enough to refit, then after popping the piston out using the brake pedal i discovered they screw in and out. HMM. After replacing piston and screwing the piston back into caliper i got the thing back on , hooray!!
Now, apart from having slight problems bleeding the brakes and a non existent handbrake i cant help thinking that there should probably be a certain level of adjustment that needs carring out and also how do the pistons compensate for wear .. do they adjust themselves??? could anyone help shed some light on this.

p.s. has anyone else spent litterally all day looking for the locking wheel nut key/socket only to find that the following day in a fit of rage a pair of mole grips undo`s them!! i did yesterday , they where barely finger tight!!.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 17:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

siweb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

what year is your trooper?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, forgot to say,, its a mk1 1989 2.6petrol swb.

cheers
Philp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a couple of pages on how to adjust the handbrake recently, here they are again:

The handbrakes are fragile, be careful not to over tighten the adjuster as it's easy to strip them.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
siweb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit more info would help Philp????

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info philp, i`ve managed to bleed the brakes better now the missis is back but the handbrakes still rubbish so your info should sort it out. thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: