4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Engine Heater - Cold Start Button - How to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandads Truck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 19:46    Post subject: Engine Heater - Cold Start Button - How to Reply with quote

There is little posted on the subject and I do not have the luxury of an owners handbook so this is how I have learnt to use it...

If you are old enough to have driven a petrol vehicle with a manual choke... The Engine Heater Button feels very similar;

It's the button with the picture of an engine with a heater or glow plug element in the middle, it has a green indicator light when ON and it activates the EGR valve.  

At temperatures less than 4c Press the button just before you turn the engine over and turn it off after a few hundred yards... or if idling, when it stops running lumpy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 19:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gt-nick
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

otherwise known as the do not touch button Shocked
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the quick warm up system it shuts off a flap in the exhaust making the engine work harder to push the exhaust gasses out hence it warms up quicker. do not touch if you have a 3.1 but if it's a 3.0l you are generally ok to use it but it is ecu controlled so might not work if the ecu thinks it's to warm
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8 TD's and early Mk.II (1992-1995) 3.1's also have a flap on the inlet to the intercooler.

Also it doesn't do anything with the EGR valves.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

twelfty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha!  thats what it is ! ........... I learn all sorts of stuff when browsing in here

I have been thinking that the valve in the exhaust system on my 3.1 td was a braking aid ,never got round to checking how it was activated

Now all I have to do is put a red "do not touch sticker" over the button on the dash  Smile

**Makes a note to renew search for a workshop manual ........
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut the flaps out of the front pipe, removed all the pipe junk from the engine bay, disconnected and plugged the vac hoses, and saved the 2 vac solenoids for SOTF spares. We don't really need the warm up system in the UK, its only ever going to cause problems. Very Happy
acid|burn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know the pinout diagram for that switch in the dash? I want to use it for other purposes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: