4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Non starter after fuel filter change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james79

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 20:18    Post subject: Non starter after fuel filter change Reply with quote

Hello there. As above really, today I performed a fuel filter change along with oil etc and despite priming the system I'm struggling to get it started. It's a job I've done several times in the past and despite it being a bit of a pain compared to other vehicles I'm used to working on (a range of 4x4's, tractors etc) I've never overly found the job to be problematic. The vehicle in question is a 55 plate Rodeo Denver 3.0 litre double cab with just over 100,000 miles on the clock, on advice from the knowledgeable chaps that frequent this fine forum I drilled out the gauze in the fuel pump banjo bolt a couple of years ago when I had issues after filling up with a dodgy tank of fuel.
A more detailed description of the problem I'm having is that when I prime the system until the pump goes hard I then try to start the the engine and it spins over for approximately 10 seconds then runs very very roughly at between 500 and 1000 rpm for maybe 15-20 seconds before stopping. The engine will then not start until I've primed the system again and then it will do the same again. I've tried slackening off the fuel pump banjo bolt and pumping fuel through with no sign of air and have also tried cracking off the injectors whilst cranking the engine over to little avail. The fuel filter was a non genuine item and I've even gone through the rigmarole of refitting the old filter to try and rule that out as the problem. An additional bit of background information is that over the past couple of months the fuel consumption seems to have increased and the power has seemed a little down which was part of the reason for the service.
Any advice would be very greatly received as this is starting to drive me around the bend. Many thanks in advance James Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 20:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

james79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:.... Sorted (hurrah  Very Happy ). As future reference for any other poor soul facing the same dilemma I had come to the conclusion that my brief period of lumpy running was the enginine burning just the small amount of fuel I had pumped through with the hand primer. With this in mind I got a colleague to try starting the infernal machine (sorry I mean my pride and joy  Confused  ) whilst I continually operated the hand primer, this had the desired effect and got the thing running and, as I was hoping, it kept going once I stopped pumping away. I've being using the truck this afternoon with no ill effects so hopefully it's sorted for now, all I can assume is that the fuel pump is past it's best but operates in a fashion once the fuel has been dragged completely through the line  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: