2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brakes - who knows definitive answer why these go soggy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carallio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:31    Post subject: Brakes - who knows definitive answer why these go soggy? Reply with quote

As per the header folks - why are the 3.0's so bad with brakes?
Done only 2000 mixed use miles after full set pipes/discs/pads/fluid and a new OEM master cylinder (non abs system) and the pedal is as soggy as a grannys seat cushion!
This is the 3rd time we will have done this bleed in 6 years for same symptoms (previous 2 were a full vac bleed on the system) - ie pedal going very low to floor so badly that I stopped on the motorway to check I hadnt blown as hose! My a** was gripping the seat as I had a loaded 3.5t trailer  on the back at the time.
A couple or 3 pumps bring pedal up like we use to drive in days before servos!
Now the fluid has not dropped, clear as glass and testing it showed all was good and pads and discs in excellent fettle - we only use Comma 5.1 fluid.
So after 25+ years of these motors being on the road these MUST be a single answer - or is there?
Therefore the question is - why does a closed loop Question  perfect condition brake system on these motors go soggy??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you bleed the 5th nipple on the bias valve? the pedal isn't like a modern car but it doesn't go to the floor
carallio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - always as per manual. When done always fine and high until pedal starts dropping again as if air/water in system.
carallio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks I guess by the lack of further responses here we got our definitve answer to reoccuring soggy brakes - nobody has one.....
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be anything! To me it sounds like you have a component or hose that is letting in air, even though its a slow leak you should still be seeing fluid leaking out. I had problems with my bike front brake, changed every single part, rebuilt rebuilt cylinder, replaced piston seals, just could not fix it. I bled the brakes and then clamped off one caliper hose, next day...brake was still perfect! I replaced the pistons and seals this time, which fixed it. I can only assume it was drawing in air without losing fluid... Shocked
jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you fix it or sell up and buy a Lawn Rover?  Laughing
carallio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess the answer to my question is a definitive NO - nobody knows then.
Oh well, here goes yet another bleed...
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be servo vacuum related would it?
By that I mean if air was escaping, split pipe, leakng vacuum tank, which means the brake peddle gets pushed harder and with the piston being pushed further, maybe air ingress occurs. Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: