QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

drivers door SWB or LWB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy46

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:44    Post subject: drivers door SWB or LWB? Reply with quote

Hi I've just bought an old (2003) LWB or 5 door trooper to replace "my wife's" Honda CRV - bloody hell they're big aren't they.

It's an old truck which will only get occasional use - muddy winter commutes by her and occasional heavy towing by me, it has some wear and tear as you'd expect but she really doesn't like the big dent on the drivers door. I have looked on eebuygum and found a door in what I think is the same colour but it's from a SWB or 3 door of the same age/model. (Actually it could be from the previous model that were fitted with the 3.1 diesel 98-02? - I think mine is just a facelift of this but obviously need to check)

So the question is, will it fit?

I know my Landrovers and know that if it was a Landrover the drivers door from pretty much any age of vehicle, 3 door or 5 from around 1958 up to the last production run of defenders are all the same basic size and shape - might have different hinges, locks, glass etc but if necessary could be made to fit. Does anyone have similar knowledge of these Isuzus?

Thanks for reading a new members post
Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1 was 92-98 and 3-0l from 98-02 the doors should fit although i'm not sure if the door trims will and the window switch pack won't so you will have to swap them over inc the wiring i should think, be easier to get one from a 3.0l really
andy46

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it would be easier to get one off a 3.0 and if I can find one the right colour I will. I do consider that swapping all the bits you mention to be an easier, cheaper job than re-painting a door. The main question was whether a SWB door would fit the same model LWB tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: