QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello, and questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 16:15    Post subject: Hello, and questions Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for letting me onto your great forum, which I've only just discovered. I've got an 02 plate 3.0l LWB Duty Trooper.
I hope you can help with two, unrelated questions:
1. I recently moved a very heavy trailer for a friend. It had to be reversed up slope and manoeuvred into a very narrow driveway. This operation took about ten years off the clutch, judging by the smell. And since then, I feel it's lost a lot of pulling power. The clutch is only 18 months old. I use the vehicle mainly for hauling cattle, and some boat launch/recovery. What would the advice be from the collective wisdom of the forum - sell and buy replacement (just been MOT'd), or get clutch replaced? I'm otherwise very happy with the vehicle.
2. I often forget to disengage 4WD when returning to the main road. When the engine reminds me and I engage the 4WD button, the 4WD light changes from on to flashing - but I can hear and feel that 4WD is still engaged, and the only way I can get it off is to do a hard lock turn / swerve. Is this normal?

TIA
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 16:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are happy with the vehicle then get the clutch done. You may have to factor in a new DMF if there is any doubt whatsoever on its condition. I would expect around £500 for the job (that would be including the DMF).  If you dont do your own servicing or repairs £500 aint a lot for a job nowadays I guess.  
What sort of replacement vehicle are you going to get for £500 ???
You have found out the hard way that they dont like 4WD on tarmac and main roads. All you really need to do is stop, push the button and reverse a bit. That would be a lot easier than hard lock/swerveing. A couple of feet in reverse is all you need.
Obviously you neet to make sure the road is clear behind you  Very Happy  

I use my trooper for towing the horse and each time I tow it crosses my mind that I wil eventualy have to get a new clutch. A few years ago it would not realy phase me as I would just buy the kit and change it myself but I aint getting any younger now and the thought of laying on me back wrestling with a large gearbox dont float my boat any more. For this reason I am now seriously considering that when the time comes to change out the troop for whatever reason, an Auto may be the way forward. But thats because I have allways serviced and repaired all of my cars over the years and dont see why I should pay to get a job done that I can do. ( tight old git)

I have never owned an Auto in 45 years of driving and never really wanted one but having done some research, the opinion now seems to be changing and every one I have spoken to tells me they would never go back to a manual for towing.

Troopers are really great for towing and there is not a lot out there that will tow 3.5 t with out spending lots of money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: