All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Steering Box Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Rosie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45    Post subject: Steering Box Repair Reply with quote

The steering box on my 3.0 Trooper started leaking from the input shaft seal but the pitman arm output shaft was ok.
Looked into a replacement overhauled box and it was going to be £240 exchange, I also tried to locate a seal kit with no luck.
So decided to strip the box and investigate the seals, I took it pretty much totally to bits apart from the actual rotary valve.
Looking at the seals and shafts there was a bit of corrosion and a wear line on the input shaft but the output looked ok.
So I ordered a new input shaft seal  22x35x7mm Nitrile Rubber Rotary Shaft Oil Seal with Garter Spring R23 / TC
https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p26154/22x35x7mm-Nitrile-Rubber-Rotary-Shaft-Oil-Seal-with-Garter-Spring-R23-/-TC/product_info.html
I went for the TC type as I thought it would have the main sealing lip on a good bit of the shaft away from the wear mark made by the old seal.
The output shaft seals looked ok as did the shaft so I did not disturb them I also reused all the body O rings as they also looked ok.
Cleaned up the shafts and box then rebuilt with the new £2-39 oil seal and so far it is looking good.
Photographs can be seen using the link below they were taken after I gave the shafts a clean up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yTb8ZLrTaxuwUX519

Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: