QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4X4 UNIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CALAVRET

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 22:36    Post subject: 4X4 UNIT Reply with quote

HI ALL
FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN ON THIS SITE, PEOPLE SEEM TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

JUST BOUGHT A 3LTR TURBO DIESEL CITATION 2000 MODEL.
THE PROBLEM I HAVE AS SOON AS I PUSH THE BUTTON FOR 4 WHEEL DRIVE I GET ALOT OF VIBRATION THAT DOES NOT SOUND GOOD.WHEN I FIRST TRIED THE FLY BUTTON NO LIGHT CAME ON,SO I REMOVED THE SWITCH TO FIND TWO OF THE FOUR WIRES CUT AND JOINED TOGETHER,THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY DONE SO WHEN IT WAS TEST DRIVEN NOBODY WOULD BE ABLE TO SELECT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE

REGARDS FRENCHY
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 22:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, only use 4wd on soft ground or you will wind the box up and cause damage Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using capitals is considered SHOUTING btw. It could be a number of things from simple transmission wind up as Mark suggested, to an out of balance front propshaft, knackered front hubs or even a knackered front diff. Check it on some soft ground and if the poroblem is still there I'd take it back to the seller and either ask for it to be repaired or get your money back.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Steam Hound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had loudish noise and vibration, the pinion bearing in the front diff was worn for some reason, it was always on the loud side, i disconnected the front prop and could feel it grating as i rotated the pinion coupling. ! eww..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: