Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2.8 crank oil seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oakland Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:57    Post subject: 2.8 crank oil seals Reply with quote

COME ON ENGLAND !

Does anyone know how hard the front and rear crank oil seals are to do on my 2.8 Trooper.

Are there any pain in the *beep* bits ?
I guess the front pulley might put up a bit of a fight and maybe the flywheel ??

Also i need to overhaul the seals and gaskets on my manual gearbox while its out, does anyone know where i can get gaskets and seals.

I've got access to the Genuine main dealer parts catalogues so getting genuine Isuzu spares isnt a problem except they are 2 1/2 hours away & thats a long drive for a few paper and rubber bits. Thanks Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its done out of the vehicle its easy
if you wish to do it in the car its still fairly easy with the right tools
at the rear its g/box clutch and flywheel off
at the front belts crank pulley timing cover timing belt
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a dealer to post me some fusible links when my local one didin't have any and was being a PITA getting them becasue they only had one guy who knew how to work the MK 1 catalogue on Microfiche. I'm sure the dealer could do that with a few seals and gaskets.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Oakland Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chaps, i'll probably take the engine out if its not too much aggro doing it on your own.

I have had trouble with dealers and microfiches before, i think i might have to persevere.

Rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: