QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Air con woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrootles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:41    Post subject: Air con woes Reply with quote

Have a MK1 2.8 with intercooler. Should this have a relay for the air con? AC compressor only starts when the slider on control panel is set to defrost! Any ideas why it won't cut in when slider is on AC? There is an air recirc button on the dash - does this need to be on for the ac to work.

The compressor still cuts in and out (on defrost) when the relay is removed.

AC worked last year (poorly) but needed recharging. Has been recharged with direct (expensive) gas replacement for R12 and now won't function at all. The gas is the correct one so no need for any advice there thanks.

We live in southern Spain. 8) It's hot here and we don't even have electric windows. Lack of AC combined with the shredded gearstick gaiter and temperatures in the high 30's all make for an uncomfortable driving experience Crying or Very sad PLeease help...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mk 1 with A/C and theres no recirc button on mine at all, but maybe this was only an option on non uk spec vehicles. Mine only works when the lever is in the A/C position so it maybe worth pulling the controls out and making sure they're all connected up properly and that nothing has moved/broken. I would suspect that whatever switches it on may be broken. I do have electric windows though although at the moment they'd just let the rain in!.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
scrootles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I believe it was originally from Germany, which may explain the non Uk spec.

Having stripped out the dash and checked and cleaned all the wiring, cables and levers we have now progressed! The compressor now cuts in and out at the appropriate slider points! Hooray. Very Happy Unfortunately, this seems to have no cooling effect whatsover. Am now awaiting the arrival of a man to check the gas/compressor side of things. What is this thing you call rain?
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-in-law lives down near Marbella so I know where you're coming from about the rain thing, he was complaining last year that they hadn't had rain for five or six months. I need to get my a/c regassed and I think I may have found someone that will do it with R12 for cash. Going to my holiday home in southern France in August and it's been bloody hot down there this year, up to 34/35C which is very hot for June/July.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: