2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear Axle Oil Seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Martin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07    Post subject: Rear Axle Oil Seals Reply with quote

Most of the oil from the diff had been lost out of the oil seal attatched to the propshaft.  I bought a new one and was asking the machanic how easy it was to fit when he said it could be the breather that was blocked which cause the problem and just to clean it out.   IS THIS COMMON or do I have to change the seal      Thanks for any advice as I am new to this or any forums.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club  Very Happy

Yes blocked breather pipes are quite common, a few people extend them out of the way to try and avoid blockage or water getting in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have  had this problem many a time on lorries and 9 times out of 10 cleaning out the breather cures it.
Bill Martin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice, I've cured it by changing the seal.

I had been off road and long grass had gone around the propshaft, gone behind the dust cover and buggered the seal.  If the overhang on the dust cover was 1 inch it would have never happened, so watch out for this on yours.

Thanks again
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: