All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Differential

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farflung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08    Post subject: Differential Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the Rodeo(1990) could be fitted with a limited slip differential? If so, how can I tell, and would it use a different lubricanting oil to one without.
I am buying an imported Japanese motorcaravan, and intend to change all the lubricants so advice on oil grades for engine/gearbox/ transfer box & differential will be appreciated.  

thank you.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 17:33    Post subject: Differential Reply with quote

hello and welcome m8 , ok i dont know if you can get a l,s,d for these cars as im not fimiler with them but to see if you have one already or if you need to know which one is which jack up the car and turn one wheel if the other turns in the same direction its an l,s d but if it turns in the other direction then it is not .
NEXT Laughing
farflung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 14:48    Post subject: Oil Grades Reply with quote

Thanks for the info re LSD. I am told that such a diff uses a different oil to the standard type?.
Can you tell me what oil grades to use in the gearbox, transfer box & diff(with & without) limited slip.
Reading other messages on this club site I believe that a 10-40 semi synthetic engine oil will be alright for the 2.8tdi . I use Morris 10-40 oil in my wife's Daewoo Korando 2.9tdi and in my Rover 25 2.0tdi.
farflung
brains

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Differential Reply with quote

ok im quoting from my trooper mk1 book (so i might be wrong ) the gear box uses 10/40 engine oil and the front and rear (lsd inc ) uses gear oil GL-5 which i think is the same as EP 80-90 , i use EP-80 in the diff and had no trouble .
now with the rover get the oil out a,s,a,p as it sould have dexron ll oil which is the same as auto oil and power steering fluid , the oil you have in it is too thick and will cause damage and shorten the gearbox life .
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the front axle and rear without an LSD then its normal EP89/90 gear oil, with an LSD you need specific LSD oil or 80/90 with an additive.  I got mine from my local Isuzu dealer, they just filled a container for me and charged me sick squid.  The manual gear and transfer box uses normal 10W40 engine oil.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
brains

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 17:33    Post subject: Differential Reply with quote

almost write then.
farflung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 17:57    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
It is in the Rover engine that I use the 10-40 semi synthetic oil.

farflung
brains

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 23:53    Post subject: Differential Reply with quote

sorry dude was not with it early on kids doing my head in
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Halfords own brand sem synth in the engine/box, works fine.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: