All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Diagnostics plug location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikescollan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 18:39    Post subject: Diagnostics plug location Reply with quote

Could someone tell me where the diagnostics plug is on a '98 Monterey.

I've just had an LPG conversion and whilst it runs generally well, at 2000 - 3000 revs, it is a bit hesitant.

Also it jump, pops & farts at 4000 revs.

The installer is happy to keep at it until it is running to my satisfaction, but cannot find the diagnostics socket.

According to his documentation, it should be in the drivers footwell by the centre console, but he (& I) can't seem to find it.  I have looked through the site and there seems to be reference to a 6 pin plug, but again the documentation makes it look like it should be a three pin plug.

All assistance gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 18:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's tucked around the corner of the centre console where the clutch pedal is should be a big black plug with a black dust cover around it, 16 pins i think
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

And does he have a tech 2 ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
it's tucked around the corner of the centre console where the clutch pedal is should be a big black plug with a black dust cover around it, 16 pins i think

Sorry, should have said.... its the 3.2 V6 Auto

But I'll have another look tomorrow when its a bit lighter & warmer (It's b***y freezing here!)

Docs he had definately said it was a 3-pin plug.  Must be duff info he's got.
mikescollan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
And does he have a tech 2 ?

He didn't seem fazed at all when I asked if he could hook up to the diagnostics, just had trouble finding the socket.  He was looking for a 3-pin socket though.  

I know he converts & tunes Land Rovers/Range Rovers as well as Landcruisers etc, so he probably has all the gear (unless the tech 2 is something specific to the Isuzu unit).
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with what eithan h says he does know Isuzu very well, as for tech2 just ask them if it is , or is a 98 3.2 tech1 ????
HELP  Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:48    Post subject: diagnostics socket Reply with quote

Greetings
I also have a 98 Monterey. my local garage also had problems finding said socket. found it eventally next to the gear lever Shocked . very strange place to put 1 i thought. 8)
hope this helps
mikescollan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:

Many thnks.  Socket (16 pin) found.

Didn't enable him to sort out the problem though.
Eventually, he thought it might be a HT problem, so I replaced all HT leads and replaced.  Bingo!  All firing nicely and goes throught he 4K rev band without issue.

Got some new plugs (just in case) but had a problem getting the plug sockt onto the plugs.  There is a manafold of some kind (that the long stalks on the plug leads goes through).  My plug socket won't go through the hole!  Is there a special tool to get the plugs out?

Can't check the plugs for condition and can't change them either.  Any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: