2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Servicing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gutterrat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 14:46    Post subject: Servicing Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I've just purchased a 1993 LWB 3.1td with about 136k mileage. I'm very happy with performance and MPG at the moment. (I have some series three Land Rovers as well so anything the right side of 20mpg is a bonus!)About a month before I purchased it the engine was rebuilt with a new crank etc etc . There are bills for £1100 to prove. I've done about 500 miles since I got it but because of the work done on the bottom end of the engine I think I should change the oil and filter now. A few questions. How much are oil filters? How much and what sort of oil do I need? What else should I check or change while I'm on with this job? I would also be grateful if somebody could fill me in on tyre pressures , general servicing, points to watch etc etc..... Also there is a bit of play in the steering wheel that I'm a bit concerned about. Only about half an inch and a drop in the ocean by Landie standards. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 14:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Andyally

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 19:36    Post subject: Service Costs Reply with quote

Hi,

The best source of parts I've found is Milner Off Road in Matlock, who do a very good mail order service.

A full filter service kit (primary \ secondary oil, air and fuel) is about £18+VAT. They can also provide the correct oil for your truck, about 7ltrs for a change including filters.

Contact Tel. 01629-734411 or www.milneroffroad.com

The play in your steering sounds about right to me, like you say alot better than a series Land Rover.

Cheers,
JohnN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Trooper mob. I am on my third Troop. since 1991 and I've had all three engines, 2.8td, 3.1td and now the 3.0td. I have used Mobil1 (Turbo Diesel) in all of mine since it came on the market. It's expensive I know but it's half price in France and better value than beer. Halfords sell a high quality oil filter for the 3.1 (the only one they do sell). I have always chucked out the paper air filter element as it is expensive rubbish. There is a K&N and a JR application which is much better. Check to see if you have a limited slip diff. (you should have). It is code G80 on the bulkhead plate under the bonnet on the left. You must use the correct oil/additive or it will be buggered. All Troopers have slop in the steering. Keep tyres at 30f/35r for general road use. Pads and other consumables are readily available at good motor factors, they tend to be good brands rather than Chinese pattern parts which are a bad risk. Hope this helps. Enjoy your Trooper.
apf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 17:49    Post subject: Re: Service Costs Reply with quote

Please would you explain the 'primary/secondary oil filter' you refer to. I have just purchased a 1996 3.1TD Duty LWB and can only see the one large oil filter down under/at the side of the sump. Is there another filter I should be aware of?

Thanks, APF

[quote="Andyally"]Hi,

The best source of parts I've found is Milner Off Road in Matlock, who do a very good mail order service.

A full filter service kit (primary \ secondary oil, air and fuel) is about £18+VAT. They can also provide the correct oil for your truck, about 7ltrs for a change including filters.

Contact Tel. 01629-734411 or www.milneroffroad.com

The play in your steering sounds about right to me, like you say alot better than a series Land Rover.

Cheers,[/quote]
JohnN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one filter on the 3.1. Two on the 3.0. Halfords do it quite cheaply.
apf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply and for clarifying this.
GRIFF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gutterrat.
The play that's in your steering can be taken up by following the steering column through to the inside of the engine bulkhead just left hand side of the radiator (looking from the front of the trooper) there is the steering box. a bit cramped !! but there is a long threaded screw with a slotted face locked off with a locking nut slacken off this nut and turn the slotted screw clockwise a couple of turns and check the play. when you feel no excessive play re-tighten the locking nut a make yourself a well earned cup of cha!!

Hope this helps
Dave Griff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: