All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My 96' Acura SLX (Isuzu Trooper)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velislide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 23:40    Post subject: My 96' Acura SLX (Isuzu Trooper) Reply with quote

Hey, new to the forums here, just wanna tell you guys what all I have going on here.

I bought a Acura SLX awhile back, which is just a rebadged Trooper, with the 3.2cyl SOHC engine. I wanted to get some more power out of it, and noticed there werent any cold-air K&N intakes available for this engine, so I made my own, and used a 454 Chevy K&N intake in the process... this things massive, and gives the engine a nice "roar" at higher RPMs. This helped a bit in the lowend, better throttle response.

Well, figured now I would work on the exhaust.

Not sure if troopers come this way, but from my headers, I have two pipes coming down, which connect to two cats, then after the cats, theres a Y pipe that connects them into one pipe, which goes to one muffler, then the tail pipe.

I removed EVERYTHING after the cats, ran dual exhaust back into an H-pipe, then to two Flowmaster 40 series "American Thunder" mufflers, then pipes coming off of those which come straight out the back. Probably one of the few 6cyl SUV's im guessing that has TRUE Dual Exhaust.

After this was done, it did notice to be a little snappier in mid to high range, or maybe my minds just playing tricks on me because I spent 700$ on this and am hoping its worth it performance wise... it DOES sound BADDASS though for a 6cyl.

Now I'm wondering, what other bolt-on performance mods are possible with this setup? I know they make chips that lean out the fuel-air mixture to increase HP, that cost about 20-50$... but do those even work? Worth it?

Another thing i wish, is that there were some after market headerpipes available for this SUV... I know the 4cyl Troopers can get some, but I dont see any for the 6cyl anywhere.

Heres some pics of the ever-so-rare Acura SLX... I'll get pics of my intake / exhaust setups later on when I can get it on the carlift and get some nice pics.

Later on after I get some more money together, I wanna get this thing liffted 2-4" or so, and throw some 33s on it, a bullbar, new rear bumper, and maybe some other toys.

Lemme know what you think.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 23:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, looking good, we have the V6 here too, but I think the diesel is more popular due to the price of petrol over here. Is it black, or green, one of the pictures does look like it could be a nice shade of green.
Velislide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its black, and yea, I noticed that almost everyone on these forums talks about the diesel's.

Something else I forgot to add that I did on the interior, stripped out the stock 12 cd changer, and deck, and fitted a 8.5" widescreen touchscreen LCD, and have a custom made PC running in the back, while having the 6channel audio system hooked up to a 1600watt 4ch AMP. I'll have to take some pictures of this also, works great, have about 4000 MP3's on it right now.
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, very nice  Very Happy

Does it do mud  Question
I had to ask  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will find out this spring, bought it in the fall, only took it offroad a little bit in the fall, and did pretty dang good for the *beep* tires it has atm.

Planning on having some 32s or 33s by this spring, and more...  Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: