All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

cig lighter fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian roby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 17:48    Post subject: cig lighter fuse Reply with quote

i cant for the hell find out were the fuse is for my cig lighter on a 97 uk lwb trooper it did work no probb,s because i only use it for charging my mobile (( i dont smoke)) i have tried my charger in another car and it works i have checked it for a live feed and a earth feed its got earth but no live has anyone else had this problem please help taaaa i have checked every fuse i can fine and there all ok had them all out twice Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 17:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peterjday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question perhaps, but did you test it with the ignition on or off?

Some cars, like Troopers, have cigarette lighters that are not powered when the ignition is off. It is a nuisance, but you can rewire them directly from the battery (with a fuse in the line).

8)
ian roby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA NO I,VE TRIED IT WITH THE IGNITION ON NICE ONE THOUGH Wink
Peterjday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be it hasn't got a fuse. My wife's Citroen ZX didn't and when the socket shorted internally the wiring generated a huge amount of smoke before I managed to get the battery disconnected. Embarassed
ian roby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

it must be deffo a fuse what happend was i was using a plug in tyre inflator and the compressor side of it blew up and jammed the motor thus blowing the fuse to cig lighter
D8 RCS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,
The fuse you're after should be in the fuse box in the drivers footwell the fuse number is C12 and it should be a 20 amp fuse.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ray ( D8 RCS )
Peterjday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough it was a tyre inflator that I had plugged in to my wife's ZX that caused the problem. There was an apparent bad connection and I twiddled the plug around to get a better contact. This must have bent something inside the socket to cause it to short.

It wasn't a Halfords tyre inflator by any chance?

It is about time that cars were fitted with proper sockets for accessories rather than continuing with the fag lighter bodge. Evil or Very Mad
ian roby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it was just a cheap one from a local motorist shop £10 i had it for about 15 months and only used it 3 times Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: