2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Gearbox skid plate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the job!  Very Happy

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 18:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fletch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very good I think I will have ago at making one,

Cheers
geezer012000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing any chance you could tell me the size of the ally plate you used PLEEESE.
kincraig1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have started using my trooper more and more offroad and i love every minute of it, even had to recover a highly moded landrover 90 on the weekend  the thing is i developed an annoying rattle on idle after the last time so i went under to investigate, it turned out i had bent the gearbox guard up onto the exhaust, and i appear to have made an extra hole with the front prop shaft,  nothing major,  i have taken it off with the intention of bending it back but cannot see the point as it will only bend again, did isuzu not expect these highly capable motors to be used off road.

yes i can bend it back but my thought is to make an exact copy only made out of something much stronger, is weight really much of an issue as my fuel efficency is none existant anyhow, if i wanted that i'd buy a fiesta lol

http://trooper2001.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album07&id=dscf0414

is the black stuff on the underbody of it some kind of heat retardant, if so i appear to have lost most of it lol, do i need this on the new version i make
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame. The Mk1 stuff is armor, not that *beep* bit of tin Shocked
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

kincraig1 wrote:
i have started using my trooper more and more offroad and i love every minute of it, even had to recover a highly moded landrover 90 on the weekend  the thing is i developed an annoying rattle on idle after the last time so i went under to investigate, it turned out i had bent the gearbox guard up onto the exhaust, and i appear to have made an extra hole with the front prop shaft,  nothing major,  i have taken it off with the intention of bending it back but cannot see the point as it will only bend again, did isuzu not expect these highly capable motors to be used off road.

yes i can bend it back but my thought is to make an exact copy only made out of something much stronger, is weight really much of an issue as my fuel efficency is none existant anyhow, if i wanted that i'd buy a fiesta lol

http://trooper2001.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album07&id=dscf0414

is the black stuff on the underbody of it some kind of heat retardant, if so i appear to have lost most of it lol, do i need this on the new version i make

Mine needs the same,what I thought of doing next time its off,battered straight and fit checked-I to make an external steel skeletel frame matched to it,which will take the knocks,and the original to keep out the mud---Thoughts ?
kincraig1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine needs the same,what I thought of doing next time its off,battered straight and fit checked-I to make an external steel skeletel frame matched to it,which will take the knocks,and the original to keep out the mud---Thoughts ?[/quote]

i thought of that but depending on how thick the frame is it will only lower the clearance of it and also prob give it something to get caught on, i thought of an internal framework to just reinforce it, but its so flimsy i think to replace it is the only option, in places mine has been ripped open like a tin opener has been at it.
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have the 3.0d? the exhaust comes down quite a bit on them compared to the 3.1d! if you had a gaurd like mine you'd most likely have the exhaust exposed or would need an extra bit made to cover it. It's taken a lot of abuse since it's been fitted, i've had to straighten it once with a sledge hammer  Very Happy
kincraig1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
You must have the 3.0d? the exhaust comes down quite a bit on them compared to the 3.1d! if you had a gaurd like mine you'd most likely have the exhaust exposed or would need an extra bit made to cover it. It's taken a lot of abuse since it's been fitted, i've had to straighten it once with a sledge hammer  Very Happy

yep 3.0 litre, and yep i was shocked when i removed the guard just how low the exhaust goes, one thing i love about it is that all the steering arms etc are all very well desgned to be well up above the level of the front bumper, i have had many landrovers that didn't do this and they are really easy to bend.
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

kincraig1 wrote:
Mine needs the same,what I thought of doing next time its off,battered straight and fit checked-I to make an external steel skeletel frame matched to it,which will take the knocks,and the original to keep out the mud---Thoughts ?

i thought of that but depending on how thick the frame is it will only lower the clearance of it and also prob give it something to get caught on, i thought of an internal framework to just reinforce it, but its so flimsy i think to replace it is the only option, in places mine has been ripped open like a tin opener has been at it.[/quote]

I'll post what I've got in mind ,you do same then between us.... thumbleft

Cheers
  Robbo... Very Happy
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait till you see a Rodeo... as standard you dont even get the ally tin can!
billy.mc

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question but would the skid plate from a '92 fronty fit a troop?? i wanna add some protection to my baby once i consider going off road!!! Rolling Eyes

RIP '92 LWB 2.3Fronty, RIP '92 LWB 3.1cit, RIP '91 LWB 3.1Cit, RIP '96 LWB 3.1Cit, Dont ASK '97 4.0 Cherokee ;-(, NEW '93 3.2V6 Auto HORN!!!
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kincraig1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy.mc wrote:
Stupid question but would the skid plate from a '92 fronty fit a troop?? i wanna add some protection to my baby once i consider going off road!!! Rolling Eyes

i dont think so, well it defo doesn't fit the 2001 trooper, i thought of that and got an mot free 94L frontera but nothing in the guard way is transfereable.

i am in dunoon scotland but if you can get here i have the said guards
ecp
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

any chance of some up to date pics on this as all pics gone. any new idea's on this subject
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the armour I made for  my 3.1 mk2 on the 3.0 mk4 now, wasn't a straight swap and had to make mounting brackets etc and Modded the exhaust to suit. Binned the stock transfer box gaurd too and made a better one   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: