2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Electric Fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 22:09    Post subject: Electric Fan Reply with quote

Just changed my engine driven radiator fan with partially seized viscous coupling for an electric one. Result is 40 miles further on a full tank and a lot less noise from the engine bay. Not fitted a thermostat, but decided to use a manual switch to see how often I need the fan. Not too sure that it would give sufficient cooling for heavy duty towing though, but so far no down side. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 22:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fatso_1234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the fan out of?
IanP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a new 15" fan off e-bay (spal I think), and fitted across the radiator cowl using 2 aluminium bars. Probably not super efficient, but is only needed when in heavy traffic.
cowman
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID YOU USE A RELAY  BETWEEN THE SWITCH  AND FAN ,IF NOT IT WILL MELT THE SWITCH IF YOU RUN IT FOR LONG PERIODS.
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chevy has an electric fan fitted by a previous owner out of something japanese.  He didn't use a relay and the bulb in the switch used to light up when it was off as the fan windmilled and the motor became a generator.  I also one day put my hand behind the switch and found it was red hot.  Needless to say I bunged a relay in pronto after that so thats good advice.  That said even my 300HP 5.7L V8 only needs it when idling or in heavy traffic so a cold old diesel should be fine.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: