Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How do you get the front sidelight out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hooflungdung?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 18:44    Post subject: How do you get the front sidelight out? Reply with quote

I want to try and fix the dodgy sidelight bulb at the front  -  only problem is I can't get the unit out to change the bulb  -  I've undone the top screw but the unit doesn't seem to want to budge - I don't want to give it too much ooomph in case there's another fixing and I bust it.  -  Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 18:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Twister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I had to take mine to a dealers when I first got it to ask them. Assuming yours is a Mk4 ( I say that because I don't know if it the same for a Mk2 or Mk3), There are 3 fixing points that hold it in place. The first, you have found, is the philips screw at the top. The second is a "snap in" male to female clip about half way down the trailing edge of the unit that clips into the outer wing. This is not accessible, and will pull out (eventually). The third is a ball joint type "snap in" clip, again about half way down the unit, but on the inboard side. The idea is to undo the screw, and then pull the whole unit forwards, but the two clips are rather tight,( Shocked  Shocked ) and if you look down past where the screw was you can see the ball joint clip. Best to do this one before the outboard one. The clips are nylon, and with age become brittle. I know this because I snapped one taking the unit out. Gentle persuasion, and a bit of help with a long thin screwdriver is the way to go.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
hooflungdung?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers  -  All done just had to give it a bit of stick and luckily didn't break any clips so now she's all legal again.
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: