Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wrong fluids, what may happen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Rober

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 22:30    Post subject: Wrong fluids, what may happen? Reply with quote

The previuos owner of my Troop followed and documented every maintainance schedule but with the wrong oils, for more than 100000 km he used sae90 in the gear box, the tranny and in the lsd...

What could happen to the parts?

Something serius?

Thanks and best regards!
El Rober
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 22:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

the flower man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and welcome mate, with regards to your question, i am not too shore as to how it would effect the parts other than increase wear. different oils are designed to withstand different tempratures. if the temp exeads the oils maximum it will become too thin to protect the parts it is lubricating. the same goes in a low temp. the oil will be too thick to get round all the small channals to all the parts. blockages could happen and a higher oil presher could put undue stress on the part and gaskets alike. these are tuff cars BUT the oil is the most important thing to get right. 100000kms is a long time. check for signs of wear.you may have got away with it but it will shorten the life
Tourist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

"sae90 in the gear box, the tranny and in the lsd"

Not an engineer but this is what I would say:

SAE90 without LSD in front axle: correct oil to use.
SAE90 without LSD in rear axle: will have shuddering problem but should go away when LSD added.
SAE90 with LSD: Correct oil to use.

SAE90 GL4 in transmission. Probably nothing serious and just a bit hard to shift into some gears sometime. Once flushed out, the shifting problem should go away.

SAE90 GL5 in transmission. You have a major problem because the 'extreme pressure' additive in GL5 will eat away the bronze/copper parts inside the gear assembly.

My 2 cent
El Rober

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both!

As soon as I return to argentina i´ll flush it and let yup know...

Best regards!
El Rober
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clutch plates in the Limitied Slip diff can be permanently damaged by the wrong oil if its been in there a while.  If its just been put in you'll likely be allright.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: