All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Another MPG question????????????

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peej wrote:
Got me on that one, no shims on the valve clearances on the 3.1 so I wonder where to put yours? Smile

How about in the injectors to restore the spring tension on the needle valves as the injectors age, thus maintaining the correct opening and closing pressures.

Mike.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 23:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you can do that at HOME??   wow - you've a hell of a workshop Wink

01553 845 945
AD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have an injector tester Crying or Very sad

have set up a lister (CAV) injectors, it's easy, take the top the injector and it's just like a standard tappet adjusting setup, undo the locknut turn the screw until the the injector is cracking off at usually about 10 bar higher than the disired pressure.

Just replaced head gasket on a 1999 tractor done 7000hours, tractor was running and starting fine but while i had the injectors out i had them checked, they were all running at around 220bar and should be 260 (springs weaken over time)

At a guess the troop should be around 170 - 200 bar.

Could do with a tester if anyone has one for sale Very Happy
04, 3.0 citation
chappytx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to get anywhere close to 20 mpg.  The best I get out of my 3.5L is 14 mpg. Crying or Very sad
wv6z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAH! Chappytx, it seems that our limited engine offerings here in the US have a rather wide spread / continental effect mate! My '97 3.2L DOHC, auto tranny gets about 16 mpg. A friend that I had lunch with yesterday (who is from Royston, GA)  has an '02 Rodeo with the 3.5L that gets pretty much the same mileage as you and I, I'm afraid. As a matter of fact, his very fine example of a Rodeo has a 'For Sale' sign on it for that very reason and he is hoping the funds he gains will buy him something tamer on fuel consumption and be a FWD 4 cylinder, so he says....  Crying or Very sad

A sad shame really, but as many of us stateside do marathon commutes, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get by.

Oh, BTW, my family all lives in Albany, well, except for those who are still in the UK and NZ, that is, great to meet ya!
chappytx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

wv6z wrote:
Oh, BTW, my family all lives in Albany, well, except for those who are still in the UK and NZ, that is, great to meet ya!

I will be moving to the UK in July and will be taking the Trooper with me, as my Silverado is too big over there.
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on, bring the truck!  I daily drove my 67 Chevy long fleetside for a couple of years here.............bit of a pita at the supermarket when its busy though as I needed about four spaces to aprk properly.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
wv6z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappytx wrote:
wv6z wrote:

I will be moving to the UK in July and will be taking the Trooper with me, as my Silverado is too big over there.

Good luck with the move there Chappytx, gotta take the Silverado though.... gotta keep the Georgia tag on there somewhere too!  Wink  Philip will tell ya, other than parking spots, you'll enjoy it, plus, you''l be the most popular guy in the 'hood for a while too. Back home in Slough, one neighbor had a black 1976 Lincoln Mk V and was a long distance truck driver on the continent as well (brand spankin' new red Kenworth Conventional with a king sized sleeper, red 53' Dorsey wagon behind it to match).  Wink
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappytx wrote:
wv6z wrote:

Oh, you're gonna love petrol prices over this side of the pond M8! Wink

LTM 24
wv6z

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi Peej, if petrol prices were the same over here as they are back home, every industrial park would have a tent and RV city for the work force through the week, or every factory would have it's own little 'mill village' and 'company store' so that we would be spared having to drive anywhere M8!  Laughing

Seriously, the cheap cost of transportation that has made living here great for us bloody immigrants these past 100 years, will now be our undoing. You will be able to stand out side in the garden over there and hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from this side of the pond by summer time.  Evil or Very Mad

Something tells me that the days of marathon commutes like those I have done in the past will fast become impossible. Would be nice if we had anything over here that remotely resembles mass transit anywhere but in the large metro areas.  Confused
HF VHF/UHF Amateur Radio
XM Satellite Radio

chappytx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going to store the Silverado for the next four years while we live in the UK.  The military will only ship one vehicle for me anyways, so we are going to bring the Trooper for me to play in (I mean drive to work in).  Got to have something to go play in.  We will buy my wife something over there upon arriving.  The Trooper has been my wife's but now that it is going to be mine it is starting to go through major upgrades and repairs.  I have already put the rear & front fog lights on it, new rear brakes & Optima battery.  This weekend I will be replacing the front ball joints, bearings, cv joints, brakes and upgrading to manual locking hubs.  I figured since the cv boots were tore I would replace all the parts.  Other upgrades and repairs happening prior to the move are a new timing belt, water pump, Pro Comp AT 265/75/16 tires, push bar, speakers again, Calmini Sway Bars, rock sliders and possibly a roof rack.  I will post pics as changes are made.  It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.  Looking forward to meeting ya'll.
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly where in the UK are you moving to  Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peej wrote:
Oh, you're gonna love petrol prices over this side of the pond M8! Wink

Our prices here in the states are starting to catch up with ya'll.  It won't be as big of a price jump as it would have been three years ago.
chappytx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Roughly where in the UK are you moving to  Cool

Lakenheath
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres some really nice countryside down there, *mark hums tune to Top Gun*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: