QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

is this oil any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haricot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:41    Post subject: is this oil any good? Reply with quote

hi, i wondered if any one can tell me anything about this cheap oil that i found, it was only 14 euros for 5 litres which is under half the price of the known names here. after reading through the threads on oil i eventually bottled it and opted for a brand that i knew, this is the cheapie, ecauto, semi synthetic 10w40, acea a3\b3\b4, api sl\cf, mb 229.1 vw 500 00\505 00. sorry for all those letters and numbers but do any of them tell you the quality?
thanks, pete.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of em do really.  If it meets the quality standard listed for your trooper (which I think it does) then I don't see why not.  My view is that the service interval is relatively short so a reasonable oil changed on time is much better than a good oil left in too long.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Haricot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks phil thumbright
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

My slam panel, states a quality of ADI CD, so you should be fine with CF, that's providing it's not a 3.0.

LTM 24
Tourist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:13    Post subject: Re: is this oil any good? Reply with quote

Haricot wrote:
acea a3\b3\b4, api sl\cf, mb 229.1 vw 500 00\505 00.  pete.

Not one of the better one but will do.

According to API, "CD" oil are obsolete oil. Isuzu still specify using CD because it's a Japanese engine and they dislike the newer ones like CG etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: